Cheek Implants in Iran
Cheek implants in Iran: prominent cheeks are among those factors that can enhance facial beauty and are considered pleasing for many people. Cheek implants add body and contour to cheeks that lack definition. Some people are bothered by their cheeks losing volume, or even sagging, with age. Others never develop the desired volume in their cheeks and are bothered by cheeks that may be considered flat or thin. The relatively low cost of cheek implants in Iran and high-quality cheek augmentation procedure at modern clinics in the country make them an especially attractive cosmetic solution.
Options for Cheek Augmentation
Depending on the doctors’ priorities, cheek augmentation surgery can be done in a hospital or in a private clinic, under local or general anesthesia. In case of local anesthesia, some medicines may be prescribed beforehand, so that the patient feels comfortable during the surgery. This surgery is usually performed as an outpatient. You will be able to return home on the same day, several hours after your procedure.
Surgical options for augmenting and enhancing the cheeks are fat grafting or the use of solid cheek implants. A nonsurgical option is the use of injectable fillers to enhance the cheeks.
In fat grafting method, fat is extracted from patients’ own bodies and injected into the cheeks. This method is ideal as it will not cause any immune system problems. It also diminishes acne scars. You should note that the results will last for about six months as fat can be absorbed by the body over time.
Surgical enhancement of the cheeks can be performed through an augmentation procedure using implants. The results of this method are permanent, and there will be no scars on face because the surgery is usually done through inside the mouth.
Soft filler tissue, also a permanent method, is injected with a very tiny needle. Local anesthesia is applied so that the patient will be comfortable during the surgery.
Who is a Good Candidate for Cheek Implants in Iran?
You are a good candidate for cheek implants if you lack facial definition and/or desire more contour or fullness to the cheek area. You should also have healthy skin that’s not too thin, for the implants to look more natural.
In general, you may be a good candidate for this surgery if:
- You are in good health and free from any chronic conditions
- You have a positive attitude about surgery
- You are a nonsmoker
- You are bothered by the appearance of your cheeks
BEFORE CHEEK AUGMENTATION SURGERY
In order to make sure about patients’ health condition, their medical history will be completely evaluated. Doctor will choose the best kind of anesthesia, and will inform patients about the whole procedure and side effects and will clarify everything.
Pre-Operative Instructions for Cheek Implants in Iran
2 Weeks Before Surgery
- Make a visit to your primary care doctor to complete your medical evaluation and laboratory testing.
- Stop smoking more than 2 weeks prior to surgery. Tobacco, cigarettes and nicotine consumption will delay wound healing and cause excessive scarring.
- Avoid taking blood thinners or anti-inflammatory medications before and after the cheek implant surgery. In many cases, these medications can cause complications during the procedure.
- Fill prescriptions including antibiotics and/or pain medication for after surgery.
- Make any arrangements to be off from work or other strenuous activities while you are recovering from surgery.
Night Before Surgery
- Take a shower before surgery but do not apply lotion, perfume, hair product, etc.
- Don’t eat or drink anything after midnight or surgery will be canceled.
- Stay calm and get plenty of rest to avoid unnecessary stress.
Day of Surgery
- Wear comfortable, clean, and loose-fitting clothes. Shirts that can be buttoned or zipped up are preferred.
- Arrive to the assigned facility of your procedure at the time stated in your pre-operative packet. Remember to bring a form of identification.
- Don’t wear any jewelry, makeup, cosmetic creams, hair products, deodorant, and remove all piercings.
Cheek Implants in Iran: Procedure
Surgeons usually perform the procedure through an incision in the mouth, placed just above the gum line. They create a small pocket in the cheek tissue to insert the implant. Then, they position the implant and stabilize it using a screw that provides stability to the implant during the healing phase. The screw is left in place permanently. Stitches used to close the incision are removed within a week, or they dissolve in about the same period if placed inside the mouth. Cheek bone implants come in various shapes and sizes, and the choice depends on your specific anatomy.
Recovery AFTER CHEEK AUGMENTATION SURGERY
There is minimal discomfort associated with cheek augmentation. Oral pain medication can be used to control your discomfort. There will be a moderate amount of swelling and bruising around the cheek area and possibly under the eyes, most of which will disappear by about 2 weeks. Your doctor might prescribe antibiotics to prevent infection. Chewing food might be difficult for about a week, and brushing teeth might also be difficult for two to three days.
Post-Operative instructions for Cheek Implants in Iran
- Have someone drive you home after surgery and help you at home for 1-2 days.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Apply ice packs or compresses to minimize swelling.
- Keep incisions clean and inspect daily for signs of infection.
- Adhere to a soft diet for the first week following surgery. Dietary restrictions will be provided by your surgeon.
- Take pain medication as prescribed. Avoid taking aspirin or any products containing aspirin unless approved by your surgeon.
- Don’t drink alcohol when taking pain medications.
- Don’t drive until you are no longer taking any pain medications (narcotics).
- Avoid smoking during recovery because smoking can increase the risk of complications.
- Periodically walking around your house is good for leg circulation and helps prevent blood clots.
- Don’t sleep on your face for at least 6-8 weeks following surgery.
- Avoid any activity that could jar or bump your face for at least 6 weeks.
- Avoid exposing scars to sun for at least 12 months.
Complications or Side Effects after Cheek Implants
When recovering after cheek implant surgery, you may have numbness or bleeding around the site of the incisions, and difficulty talking and smiling for some weeks after surgery. The most reported complications and side effects after this procedure are a heightened risk of infection, and blood clotting. If the infection of the implant does occur, or if the implant moves out of place at some point after surgery, a second procedure should be scheduled to deal with the infected implant or to correct its placement.