Breast Reduction in Iran
Breast reduction in Iran: if you are bothered with your heavily large breasts and they’re causing health and emotional problems such as chronic back and neck pain, difficulty in doing physical activities and loss of self-confidence, you can have a breast reduction surgery.
Although breast reduction is often performed to address medical issues, patients who do not have the symptoms of macromastia but are unhappy with the size of their breasts can still pursue breast reduction as an aesthetic procedure. Patients choosing to undergo breast reduction surgery for cosmetic reasons may cite any number of factors, including social stigmas and wardrobe concerns.
Considering the high cost of this surgery, choosing a country with low-cost yet effective breast reduction surgery would help you put an end to all your problems. Iran can be one of the options. And here we’re going to navigate your way through this decision and give you all you need to know about ‘breast reduction in Iran’.
What is Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a procedure to remove excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin in order to ease discomfort or achieve a breast size proportionate to your body.
If you’re considering breast reduction surgery, consult a board-certified plastic surgeon. It’s important to understand what breast reduction surgery entails — including possible risks and complications — as well as set realistic expectations.
Why Breast Reduction in Iran?
Traveling to another country for your breast surgery may be a tough decision to make. However, when it comes to undergoing the surgery with the same level of quality but affordable price, it would be reasonable if you travel to a country with an excellent reputation like Iran. Everything in Iran is cheaper than anywhere in the world, from accommodation and travel services to healthcare services. Not only the price is reasonable, but the surgery is also carried out by some experienced Iranian surgeons in modern private hospitals.
Today, Iran, standing out among the top 10 countries performing plastic surgeries with the highest rate of nose surgery in the world, is reaching front line of medical tourism in the world especially in the field of plastic surgeries. Advances of the country in medical services together with the Iranian surgeons’ expertise offers reliable solutions to many people suffering from body deformities.
The country embraces a powerful society of board-certified and proficient plastic surgeons who not only have gained up-to-date knowledge of their field of specialization but also are equipped with many years of experience and proven records of successful surgeries. That’s why plastic surgeries including breast reduction are done with a high percentage of success and safety in this country.
Last but not least, this country has caught the eyes of many people for the exotic tourism experience it offers, being ranked among the 52 must-go places in 2019 by The New York Times. The reasons include, but are not limited to, the great history, rich culture, unique architecture, superb cuisine, and most-importantly warm-hearted people.
Am I Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery?
You are a candidate for breast surgery if:
- You are physically healthy and have realistic expectations.
- Skin irritation beneath your breast crease is hurting you.
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have difficulty fitting into bras and clothes.
- Your physical activities are limited because of your too big bust.
- You have lost your self-confidence and feel embarrassed as a result of your unreasonably large breasts.
- You have shoulder indentations from bra straps.
Breast reduction surgery generally isn’t recommended if:
- You have certain conditions such as heart problems or diabetes or are very obese.
- You are a smoker.
- Your breasts are not yet fully developed.
- You are very obese
How do I prepare for breast reduction surgery?
The decision to undergo breast reduction surgery is important. Below are some suggestions on how to prepare for breast reduction surgery.
- You need to schedule a consultation with your surgeon to discuss the plan for breast reduction surgery. This is a chance to ask any questions you may have. Your surgeon will conduct a physical exam and take your medical history.
- Tell your surgeon if:
–You think you might be pregnant, you are pregnant, or you are breastfeeding
–You or a close relative has had breast cancer or any other breast condition
–You’ve had breast surgery
–You have any general health problems
–You’ve had an allergy or other bad reaction to anesthesia, latex, or any medicines
- If you are over 40 and haven’t had a mammogram in the last year, you should have one before your surgery.
- Stop taking aspirin and ibuprofen products 14 days before your surgery and for at least one week after your surgery, unless otherwise directed. These products thin your blood and may increase bleeding. Vitamin E, fish oil, garlic supplements are other blood thinning products to avoid.
- Stop smoking and avoid being around anyone who smokes for at least 4 weeks before and 2 weeks after your surgery. Smoking keeps wounds from healing well and increases the risk of infection.
- If you are using nicotine patches or gum, you should stop 2 weeks before surgery and for 5 days after surgery.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from the surgery and stay with you for the first 24 hours after your surgery.
Day of Surgery
- Shower the night before and the morning of surgery with an antibacterial soap to decrease your chances of infection. Take special care to wash your chest and underarms. Do not apply deodorant, powder or lotion.
- If you have an active rash or infection, your surgery will be delayed until it is resolved.
- Bring comfortable clothing that opens in the front and shoes that are easy to put on, because it will be difficult to raise your arms or bend at the waist after your surgery.
- To reduce infection, do not wear makeup, lotions, or deodorant on the operative area.
- Do not wear contact lenses to the surgery center/hospital.
- Do not wear any jewelry or nail polish. Sculptured nails may have to be clipped for monitoring purposes.
- Follow your surgeons’ directions about eating and drinking before surgery to minimize the risk of aspiration or other anesthetic related problems. This includes water, coffee, gum, mints, etc. If your surgeon says you can take a pill the day of surgery, take it with just a sip of water.
Breast Reduction in Iran: Procedure
Breast reduction in Iran is often carried out under general anesthesia. However, a breast reduction also may be performed using a combination of local anesthesia and intravenous sedation. The surgeon will recommend the best choice for you.
After the anesthesia is administered, the surgeon will then make a circular incision around the breast nipples. The incision will be continued downward to reach the breast crease. Subsequently, excessive fat, tissue, and skin will be removed from the breasts.
Occasionally, for extremely large pendulous breasts, the nipple and areola may need to be removed and transplanted to a higher position on the breast (free nipple graft). Otherwise, the nipples will remain attached but re-positioned., the incisions will be stitched and brought up together.
Finally, the incisions are brought up together to reshape the now smaller breast. Sutures are layered deep within the breast tissue to create and support the newly shaped breasts; sutures, skin adhesives and/or surgical tape close the skin. Your incision scars might fade over time but will never completely disappear. In some cases, small tubes will be placed in your breasts to help drain excess fluid. Additionally, dressings may be placed on your breasts and then covered with an elastic bandage or surgical bra.
Depending on different factors including the operation techniques and the breasts anatomy, the operation typically takes about 2-3 hours, and patients are allowed to go home on the same day of the surgery.
What to Expect after Breast Reduction in Iran?
For breast reduction surgery, the recovery process takes around 2-6 weeks. You may need to take a week or two off work and shouldn’t drive for at least a week.
During this period, you may have some swelling and bruising, but they will usually subside in a few weeks. You may also experience some level of pain. The length of time you need to keep the dressings on depends on how quickly your wounds healed. Stitches are removed within a week or two, unless they are dissolvable.
Some surgeons recommend wearing a sports bra 24 hours a day for up to three months after breast surgery. You should avoid heavy lifting, strenuous exercise, and stretching for up to six weeks after the surgery. Moreover, you are recommended to avoid sexual activity during the first few weeks, as it may cause inflammation around the incisions.
As the breast tissue is greatly involved in this procedure, it can take months for the swelling to completely go down. So, you may need to wait until then to see the final results.
Breast Reduction Surgery Aftercare
- Avoid lying on your stomach, either side, or on your drains after surgery. Try sleeping in your recliner chair or keep your chest/head elevated on pillows.
- Do not drive for the first week, while you are still on medication or still in pain.
- Do not engage in sexual activity for at least one week.
- Stop smoking or avoid being around anyone who smokes for two weeks.
- Do not lift more than five pounds or bend at the waist to lift for six weeks.
- Do not participate in strenuous activities such as running or aerobics for six weeks.
- Avoid lengthy sun exposure. Wear UV protection (SPF 30 or greater) to protect your incisions from burns and hyperpigmentation.
- You may return to work in one to six weeks depending on your work activity.
Breast Reduction in Iran: Risks and Complications
Potential complications and risks are an inevitable part of any surgery. For breast reduction surgery, there is excessive bleeding, swelling, bruising, scarring, infection, an allergic reaction to the anesthesia, loss of sensation in the nipples and areolae, difficulty or inability in breastfeeding, and differences in the size, shape and symmetry of the surgically altered left and right breasts, which might lead to further surgery to improve your appearance
However, looking on the bright side, these complications are rare and often temporary. They also subside during the first year after the surgery.
Cost of Breast Reduction in Iran
Cost is one of the most important factors people may or may not decide to go with breast reduction surgery. With regard to the significant difference between a dollar and Iranian currency, Iran now offers cost-effective medical treatment/services. The cost of breast reduction surgery in Iran ranges from around $1,500 to $2,200, including all the medical related fees such as the surgeon’s fee, hospital fee, anesthesia, post-op follow-ups and the like.
The average cost of the same procedure would be around $8,000 in the UK, $6,000 in the USA, $7,000 in Canada, $3,000 in Thailand, $4,000 in Mexico and $8,000 in Australia, respectively.
Breast Reduction and Lift
As can be inferred, breast reduction surgery usually involves a breast lift as well. This is when the breasts are significantly heavy and pendulous and need to be lifted, as they lose a significant amount of fat and tissue during the reduction operation. In this case, the surgeon both removes excess fat and tissue from your breasts and repositions your nipples so that they are lifted.
Is Breast Reduction Surgery Worth It?
‘I feel like a new person’: this is what Ariel Winter, American actress, tells about having a breast reduction surgery. She decided to go through this surgery as she was suffering from backache. But, is breast reduction really worth it?
Breast reduction surgery can relieve pain in your upper back, neck and shoulders, bringing you back to a normal life with no more restrictions. This is the first and foremost gift of reduction mammoplasty.
Another factor encouraging people to go through this surgery is that it enhances self-confidence and promotes a more positive self-image. Breast reduction improves patients’ life in terms of physical and psychological health.
Do I need to Postpone my Surgery during Breastfeeding or Weight loss?
It is recommended that you postpone your surgery in the following conditions:
Childbirth: If you are going to get pregnant, bear in mind that breasts can get larger again during pregnancy and this may affect the results of the surgery. You should also be aware that breastfeeding might be a challenge after this surgery — although there are certain surgical techniques that help you preserve your ability to breastfeed.
Weight loss: If you plan to lose weight by starting a diet and exercising, you might wait until you reach your ideal weight to see if your breasts are still too large. Weight loss often results in breast size reduction.